Come and talk to our diabetes team of health professionals about your ongoing journey towards diabetes self-management on Thursday the 23rd of June 2011 at the Mount Currie Health Center from 10 am to 4 pm. (Click ‘View Post’ from facebook)
Lunch & transportation will be provided! Door prizes to win!
Events of the day will include:
- An introduction to the roadmap for diabetes management.
- Cook and eat lunch with our nutritionist.
- Exercise with our physiotherapist.
- Learn relaxation techniques with our healthy lifestyles coordinator.
- Do foot care with our nurse.
- Talk about medications and complications of diabetes our chronic disease nurses.
- Learn more about diabetes support from our community health representative.
Please contact Maria Bai-Sheka, Shawn Wallace & Annabelle Pierre for more information at (604)894-6656.
– Submitted by Maria Bai-Sheka, Diabetes/Home Care Nurse (RN, BSN, MSc)