Just a friendly reminder that we will be having our flu shot clinics next week. There will be two:
Tuesday, 1:00 – 6:00pm at Ullus, Elder’s Room.
Wednesday, 1:00 – 6:00pm at Pqusnalhcw Health Center (Mount Currie Health Center).
- Please plan on 30 minutes (perhaps a longer if there is a line-up) as you will need to wait for 15 minutes after that shot.
- Please bring your status number.
- Please note that an sensitivity/allergy to eggs in NOT a contraindication to receiving the flu shot. Talk to a nurse if you have an egg allergy.
- You only need one shot this year, and it protects against the three flu strains that have been identified by the CDC (Center for Disease Control).
Remember, please practice GREAT handwashing skills! Avoid touching your face or putting your hands to your mouth. If you have the following symptoms, stay home:
Acute onset of respiratory illness with fever and cough with one or more of the following:
- sore muscles/joints
- extreme fatigue/weakness
- sore throat
Lastly, the flu shot is important because you can have the flu and pass it on to others before you have symptoms; that is why handwashing is SO important! Please spread the word to family and friends about our clinic location and times. If you absolutely cannot FOR SPECIAL REASONS cannot make these clinics, call the health center to make an appointment.
– Submitted by Laura Ogden, RN BScN, Community Health Nurse