Location: Recreation Department, Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: 28 hours/week for 52 weeks
Reporting to: Alphonse Wallace, Recreation Coordinator
Start Date: November 27th, 2019
End Date: September 18th, 2020
The Recreation Department is looking to hire a Right to Play Assistant from November 27th, 2019 to September 18th, 2020. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, coordinating and supporting of programs to ensure effective and cohesive operation on a day-to-day-basis. This position will require the successful candidate to work flexible hours, Monday to Sunday. They will be supervising and reporting back to the Recreation Coordinator. Training will be provided. Mentors will attend 2 Mandatory week-long trainings out of community held by Right to Play Partner
- Plan, organize and implement community cultural programs, which can include recreation programs, cooking programs, all program development is flexible for ages 6-18 years old in Líl̓wat.
- Plan and disseminate weekly program schedules for all activities to staff and management.
- Plan & Coordinate daily work schedules including training & supervision.
- always Ensure supervision of children and provide a safe and enjoyable experience by adhering to all safety and emergency procedures.
- Prove a quality customer service to community members, volunteers and parents.
- Actively participate in planning and delivering training, and weekly staff meeting.
- Build positive relations with resource people, team members, and staff, public
- Keep updated records and create bi-weekly activity report for Recreation Coordinator
- Ensure safe practices of/for visitors, volunteers & staff while on site.
- Ensure high levels of morale by providing mentorship and support to staff to ensure that the program’s objectives and mission are met.
- Manage registration process and logistics related to Recreation Department.
- Monitor safety of children and volunteers at all field trips and local activities
- Recognize and respond effectively to emergencies
- Submit weekly reports to management detailing the progress
- Act as direct liaison with parents, and other community members
- Maintain records of first aid incidents, actions and results
- Conduct safety checks of program equipment and facilities daily.
- Reporting anything that impacts the quality and safe delivery of the program in a timely manner.
- Work both independently and in a team environment to complete assigned tasks
- The Coordinator may be asked to perform other Recreation related duties not listed above
- Keep daily monitoring reports of activities, and submit weekly to the Recreation Coordinator
- Communicate with the public in the field in a courteous and respectful manner as a representative of Líl̓wat Nation
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Under direction of the Recreation Coordinator, the successful candidate is responsible to plan and implement a comprehensive, inclusive, age-appropriate Recreation programs that meets the needs of all participants.
- Be reliable, safety conscious and able to work in the field without supervision.
- Be responsible in time management.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Must be minimal of 18 years of age
- Must be First Nations/Inuit ancestry
- Must have social insurance number (SIN)
- Must be available for the stated employment dates
- Ability to communicate well with the public.
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Ability to fill in daily monitoring reports
- Proficient in use of a computer or laptop is an asset.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than
4:00 p.m. on Friday, November 22,2019 to:
Alphonse Wallace, Recreation Coordinator to Recreation Department
P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
Phone: (604)894-6115 Ext: 2254
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted