Title: 2 Career Development Practitioner Positions
Location: Líĺwat Nation, Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: Full time contract ending March 31 2019
Wage/Salary: Dependent on Experience
Under the direction of the Manager and in accordance to the Aboriginal Skills Employment and Training (ASET) program, the Career Development Practitioner (CDP) provides all aspects of case management services to clients with varying levels of labour market attachment and/or barriers to employment.
The CDP assesses client eligibility, develops an individualized service plan, and monitors and coordinates employment. The CDP will facilitate group workshops, and will encourage client participation.
Key Experience and deliverables:
- At least 2 years’ of experience working in case management, employment counseling with an emphasis on multi-barrier clients.
- Completion of Practicum component of the Career Development Practitioner Program and one year of experience in employment counselling or case management.
- Excellent knowledge of general employment counselling principles and labour market information.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with persons who have barriers to employment; knowledge of local resources, services and the local labour
- Understanding of informal and formal assessments used in the career planning process.
- Ability to motivate individuals to make their own decisions.
- Able to work with diverse groups.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team.
- Takes initiative.
- Ability to assist clients with a diverse range of needs including referrals to community resources and financial/living supports.
Key Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and/or Career Development Practitioner Diploma. CDP, RCSS or RRP designation or eligible for one of these designations.
- Strong comprehension of all Microsoft Office programs, database systems, and basic admin tasks.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on April 24, 2018 to:
Melanie Williams, Community Services Advocate via email: email@example.com
or in person at the
Ullùs Community Complex, Mt. Currie, BC