Líl̓wat Nation and SASET are excited to offer nine (9) placements for youth during the period of July- August 2017.
Location: Based out of Ullùs, job placements in Líl̓wat and beyond
Status: Temporary full time (35 hours/Week)
Reporting to: Summer Career Placement Coordinator
Wage/Salary: Starting at minimum wage
Líl̓wat Nation and SASET are excited to offer nine (9) placements for youth during the period of July- August 2017. These placements will be at a variety of job locations and organizations, to maximize the youth’s experience. These placements will include: Líl̓wat Stewards – camping, hiking, stewardship, Office – admin, Retail positions, Shop/Mechanic helper.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- As per funding requirements, applicants must be aboriginal youth between the ages of 15-18 years of age
- Must be currently enrolled full-time in school and have participated in full-time schooling over the past year
- Returning to school in the upcoming academic year.
- List if they have a Transportation Source to ensure they can get to work every day.
- Be punctual, prepared and ready to work each day.
- Maintain a positive attitude and display respect for fellow employees, coordinators, facilitators, and the property of others.
- Hold or obtain a Social Insurance Number before the start of the program
- Must not have another full time summer job and will fully commit to the full 6 week program.
- Must commit to punctuality and full attendance for the length of program
- Computer literacy is an asset
- A wait list will be established
This is a six week employment program wages will be paid based on scheduled attendance.
Successful candidates will be required to submit a cover letter and resume, and participate in a formal job interview (for assistance with your resume and cover letter, along with interview tips, don’t hesitate to drop by the Mt Currie Employment Centre – located at the former Spirit Circle Lodge).
Interested candidates are required to submit a resume and covering letter. Send to:
Ullùs Community Centre
PO Box 602
Mt. Currie BC
Fax 604 894 6841
Applications Deadline: 4:30 pm June 27, 2017