The Liĺwat Nation is seeking a full time Administrative Assistant for Infrastructure, Housing, and Public Works Department.
Title: Administrative Assistant -Infrastructure, Housing, and Public Works Department
Location: Public Works (Bus Barn office, Xet’olacw)
Status: Full Time Permanent
Reporting to: Superintendent Public Works, Public Works Department
The Liĺwat Nation is seeking a full time Administrative Assistant to support the Nation’s Infrastructure Department, Public Works division. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative tasks, including basic accounting matters, and be able to work independently with little supervision. The applicant must be well organized, motivated, and flexible enjoying the challenges of supporting and interacting with diverse people and programs.
- Data entry, maintaining and organizing files;
- Liaising with staff in other departments as well as community members;
- Reviewing incoming and outgoing paper and electronic communications as requested;
- Preparing, reviewing and summarizing reports and documents;
- Coordinating meeting schedules, travel and accommodation as needed;
- Assisting with basic accounting activities such as purchase orders, invoicing and cheque requisitions; and
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
Experience and Attributes:
- Experience in an Administrative Assistant role or equivalent;
- Advanced level Windows/ MS Office skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook;
- Basic accounting knowledge (experience using eRequester is an asset);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks with competing timelines;
- Able to take minutes for meetings;
- Knowledge of “Payworks” an asset; and
- Knowledge and understanding of Liĺwat Nation culture and history is an asset.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday May 25, 2018 to:
Infrastructure Dept. P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0Fax: 604-894-1518
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.