Title: After School Club Head Supervisor
Location: Líl̓wat Health and Healing & Úll̓us Child Care Centre
Status: Full time including benefits
Reporting to: Manager of Child Care Services
Wage/Salary: Dependent on education & experience
The after-school club Supervisor ensures the well-being of all children and manages the educational program delivery. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of curriculum, in assistance with the Manager of Child Care Services; in accordance with the goals and philosophies of Úll̓us Child Care Centre. The candidate must have:
- Early Childhood Education Certificate (ECE) as recognized by the Provincial Child Care Licensing Board, and Community Care Facility Act.
- Early childhood education assistant certificate (ECA) as recognized by the Provincial Child Care Licensing Board, and Community Care Facility Act.
- A Valid Child Care Acceptable First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrate organizational time management and delegation skills.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills
- Team approach to center management
- Clean vulnerable sector record check
- Provide the Manager of Child Care Services with support to make informed decisions
- Ensure ALL operational policies are established and followed in accordance with the Provincial Child Care Licensing Board, and Community Care Facility Act.
- Plan, Carry out, and assess developmentally appropriate, activities and experiences in harmony with the center’s philosophy:
- Ensure guidance of children’s behavior that encourages positive self-concept:
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the center’s children, their parents, and staff.
- Keep up to date with early childhood education and advocacy developments.
- Provide administration support for Manager
- Coverage for other staff as needed
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Understanding of Líl̓wat culture & language
Please submit a cover letter with 3 references and your resume & clear Criminal Record Review no later than:
4:30 p.m. on Thursday March 6, 2019 to:
Beverly Dan, Childcare Manager
Or received by mail by March 6, 2019 at
P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0