The after school club Supervisor ensures the well-being of all children and manages the educational program delivery.
Title: After School Club Supervisor
Location: Líl̓wat Health and Healing
Status: Part-Time-full-time Mon-Fri 2:30-5:30, full time summer, Pro-D days and holidays
Reporting to: Manager of Child Care Services
Wage/Salary: Dependent on education & experience
Closing Date: April 24, 2019
The after school club Supervisor ensures the well-being of all children and manages the educational program delivery. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of curriculum, in assistance with the Manager of Child Care Services and Head Supervisor of program; in accordance with the goals and philosophies of Ull’us Child Care Centre. The candidate must have:
- Early Childhood Education Certificate (ECE) as recognized by the Provincial Child Care Licensing Board, and Community Care Facility Act.
- Early childhood education assistant certificate (ECA) as recognized by the Provincial Child Care Licensing Board, and Community Care Facility Act.
- Responsible Adult certificate
- A Valid Child Care Acceptable First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrate organizational time management and delegation skills.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills
- Team approach to center management
- No criminal record
- Provide the Manager of Child Care Services with support to make informed decisions
- Provide program support to Head supervisor and team
- Ensure ALL operational policies are established and followed in accordance with the Provincial Child Care Licensing Board, and Community Care Facility Act.
- Plan, Carry out, and assess developmentally appropriate, activities and experiences in harmony with the center’s philosophy:
- Ensure guidance of children’s behavior that encourages positive self-concept:
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the center’s children, their parents, and staff.
- Keep up to date with early childhood education and advocacy developments.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Understanding of Líl̓wat culture & language
Please submit a cover letter with 3 references and your resume & clear Criminal Record Review
no later than: 4:30 p.m. on April 24, 2019 to Beverly.Dan@lilwat.ca
Or received by mail by April 24, 2019 at
P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0