Title: Agricultural Assistant – 4 positions available
Location: Mount Currie, BC
Status: Temporary part time, 30-35 hours/week until March 31, 2021, with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Agricultural Manager
Wage/Salary: Dependent on Experience
Líl̓wat Farm is being developed to produce fresh, healthy, organic vegetables and fruit. The Agricultural Assistant position is for 30-35 hours per week until March 31, 2021. The successful candidate(s) will support the start up of Líl̓wat Farm for the season and work with the Agricultural team to prepare the greenhouse for operations, assist with infrastructure development, prepare land for the growing season and begin nursery operations.
- Assist with greenhouse/nursery set up.
- Implement seed starting schedule in greenhouse.
- Assist with land preparation for growing season.
- Assist with youth engagement activities.
- Assist with community engagement activities.
- Maintain and complete daily activity and time sheets.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Líl̓wat Nation formal Plans, Policies, Standards and Procedures, and as directed by the Agricultural team.
- Maintains confidentiality on all matters related to the affairs of the Líl̓wat Nation.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary in the performance of the position and as assigned by the Agricultural Manager or Lead Hand.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Experience working with gardens, horticulture, agriculture or greenhouse operation.
- Basic carpentry skills an asset.
- Previous experience working with First Nations an asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with independently with minimal supervision as well as be a cooperative and contributing member of a team.
- Must be physically fit and capable of carrying 50 lbs.
- Willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Some working knowledge of Ucwalmícwts an asset.
- Must have cellphone.
- Level 1 First Aid an asset, or willing to acquire.
- Must be able to supply a clear criminal record check in order to work with children and vulnerable adults.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than
4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 to:
Shannon Didier, Agricultural Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
AGRICULTURE DEPT, P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.