Location: Mount Currie, BC
Status: Temporary part time, 20 hours/week until March 31, 2020
Reporting to: Agricultural Manager
Wage/Salary: Dependent on Experience
Nleṕcalten, located at the Xet̓ólacw Community School Fields, is being developed to produce fresh, healthy, organic vegetables and fruit for the schools and community. The Agricultural Coordinator position is for 20 hours per week until March 31, 2020. The successful candidate will support garden activities for the remaining season and work with the Agricultural team and steering committee over the winter to develop plans for next season, including assisting with pursuing additional funding opportunities.
- Assist with creation of garden plan for 2020 season.
- Engage with community members and communicate on garden activities.
- Source equipment and supplies as funding allows.
- Assist with research and writing of grant opportunities.
- Assist with development of Super Courses with Xet̓ólacw Community School.
- Develop and assist with youth engagement activities.
- Assist with community engagement activities.
- Assist in developing food distribution models.
- Maintain and complete daily activity and time sheets.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Líl̓wat Nation formal Plans, policies, Standards and Procedures, and as directed by the Agricultural team.
- Maintains confidentiality on all matters related to the affairs of the Líl̓wat Nation.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary in the performance of the position and as assigned by the agricultural manager.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Experience working with gardens, horticulture or agriculture
- Previous experience working with First Nations an asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with independently with minimal supervision as well as be a cooperative and contributing member of a team.
- Must be physically fit and capable of carrying 50 lbs.
- Some working knowledge of Ucwalmícwts an asset.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, internet and email.
- Must have cellphone.
- Level 1 First Aid an asset.
- Must be able to supply a clear criminal record check in order to work with children and vulnerable adults.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, September 13 to:
Shannon Didier, Agricultural Manager
P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted