Title: Agricultural Lead hand
Location: Líl̓wat Farm
Status: Temporary Full-Time, 32 hrs/week. March 5 – November 1, 2021, with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Agricultural Manager
Wage/Salary: Dependent on Experience
The Agricultural lead hand will partner up with the Agricultural Manager in implementing the Nation’s food production and food security initiatives. The successful candidate will assist with the community engagement process, translate plans to actionable items, be involved in all aspects of food production from planning to planting through to harvest and sale.
- Assist with training, development, and oversight of staff.
- Support the development of Líl̓wat Farm into a viable farm business in accordance with the Agricultural Implementation & Business Plan.
- Assist with marketing and sales of produce in accordance with the marketing plan.
- Assist with infrastructure assessment and development.
- Assist with implementation of crop plans and farmland development.
- Assist with integrating the agricultural activities into existing programs such as: Health, Education, Social Development, Youth, Housing and Lands.
- Assist with development and integration of agricultural curriculum for Xet̓ólacw Community School.
- Assist with development and delivery of agricultural workshops.
- Ensure that the gardens, plots and other food production workplaces are safe and maintained in an organized manner.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- The successful candidate should have experience working within the Líl̓wat community and extensive experience in agriculture including practical knowledge and skills of working on farms.
- Willing to work occasional evenings &/or weekends, as the rhythm of farming dictates changing needs.
- Willing to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- WorkSafe training, first aid, horticultural certificates an asset.
- Must be physically fit and capable of carrying 50 lbs.
- Some working knowledge of Ucwalmícwts an asset.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, internet and email. Must have cell phone.
- A current driver’s license and clean abstract.
- Must be able to supply a clear criminal record check in order to work with children and vulnerable adults.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than
4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 26, 2021 to:
Shannon Didier – Agricultural Manager Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org
Or via mail (must be received by closing date)
Agriculture Dept, P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted