Location: Úll̓us Child Care Center, Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: Full-Time 20-35 hrs per week including benefits
Reporting to: Manager of Child Care Services
Wage/Salary: Dependent on education & experience
The Assistant Toddler Supervisor ensures the well-being of all children and manages the educational program delivery at Úll̓us. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of curriculum, in assistant with the Manager of Child Care Services, in accordance with the goals and philosophies of Úll̓us Child Care Centre.
- Must have Infant / Toddler Certification & Current ECE License, or in process of completion of I/T Certificate.
- A Valid Child Care Acceptable First Aid Certificate
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in childcare Settings
- Team approach to center/program management
- Clean vulnerable sector record check
- Must be familiar with ASQ (Ages & Stages Questionnaire) 3 & SE. & High Scope Curriculum
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Provide the Head Supervisor with support to make informed decisions
- Ensure that Operational policies established by the center are implemented:
- Plan, carry out, and assess developmentally appropriate, activities and experiences
- Ensure guidance of children’s behavior that encourages positive self-concept:
- Ensure the child’s environment is healthy and safe:
- Ensure Positive communications with parents:
- Contribute to the ongoing operation of the center
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the center’s children, their parents, and staff.
- Participate in the annual performance review process.
- Participate in staff development and attend regular staff meetings.
- Keep up to date with early childhood education and advocacy developments.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Work cooperatively as a team member.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on March 6, 2019 to:
Beverly.Dan@lilwat.ca – Beverly Dan Manager of Child Care Services
Ull’us Child Care, P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted