Location: Líl̓wat Nation, Mount Currie, B.C
Status: Temporary Full Time (Contract for Maternity Leave Coverage)
Wage/Salary: Dependent on Experience
Closing Date: November 27th, 2019
Start Date: December 9th, 2019
End Date: August 30, 2020
Under the direction of the Manager and in accordance to the Indigenous Skills Employment and Training (ISET) program, the Career Development Practitioner (CDP) provides all aspects of case management services to clients with varying levels of labour market attachment and/or barriers to employment.
The CDP assesses client eligibility, develops an individualized service plan, and monitors and coordinates employment. The CDP will facilitate group workshops and will encourage client participation.
Key Experience and deliverables:
- At least 2 years of experience working in case management, employment counseling with an emphasis on multi-barrier clients.
- Completion of Practicum component of the Career Development Practitioner Program and one year of experience in employment counselling or case management.
- Excellent knowledge of general employment counselling principles and labour market information.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with persons who have barriers to employment; knowledge of local resources, services and the local labour market.
- Understanding of informal and formal assessments used in the career planning process.
- Ability to motivate individuals to make their own decisions.
- Able to work with diverse groups.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team.
- Takes initiative.
- Ability to assist clients with a diverse range of needs including referrals to community resources and financial/living supports.
Key Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and/or Career Development Practitioner Diploma. CCDP, RCSS or RRP designation or eligible for one of these designations.
- ISET catchment area First Nation Communities culture, and working knowledge of First Nations economic, social, and political issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISET programming and Service Canada’s operations, program delivery/services, and Líl̓wat programs, policies and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel and organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality guidelines of all records, materials and communications concerning clients, staff and Líl̓wat Nation,
- Strong comprehension of all Microsoft Office programs, database systems and basic admin tasks.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Successful Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than
4:30 p.m. on November 27th, 2019 to:
Catherine Pascal, Employment and Training Manager
via email: Catherine.Pascal@lilwat.ca or in person at the
Ts’zil Learning Centre, Mt. Currie, BC