Chief Financial Officer
Liĺwat Business Group
Located in Mount Currie, this full-time role, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, is responsible for the overall financial planning and management of the Liĺwat Business Group. The Liĺwat Business Group was established to generate revenue and employment opportunities on behalf of the Liĺwat Nation. We currently have active operations in Forestry, Retail, Land Development and Construction with consolidated annual revenues of $20,000,000 and up to 70 staff. With new opportunities and significant assets, the Liĺwat Business Group is poised to grow substantially over the coming years. Replacing a pending retirement, this role is set to start in December 2018.
Deliverables and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the CEO, oversee the financial planning strategic and operational planning.
- Ensure timely, relevant and accurate financial reporting for Managers and CEO.
- Work closely with the Managers to ensure accurate and timely budget planning, reporting and reconciliation.
- Support decision-making and business planning, monitoring of financial and operational progress for key projects.
- Produce monthly financial statements and provide guidance and support to managers on budget management.
- Develop and manage financial procedures and processes that will create efficiencies and support governance requirements.
- Liaise and work closely with external auditors.
- Mentor and develop two accounting staff.
- Use financial analysis as the foundation to support decision making in all aspects of the organization.
- Complete financial due diligence on potential investments and business opportunities.
- Liaise with the Finance and Audit Committee.
- Support CEO on annual report development.
Required Experience and Attributes
- Finance designation and/or degree in Finance.
- Experience with or in First Nations a preferred.
- Experience in construction, retail, land development, and forestry an asset.
- 7-10 years experience in senior finance role.
- Experience in financial analysis and business cases for investments or business opportunities.
- Previous experience managing a team.
- Strong communication skills written and verbal: able to write accurate and understandable reports or financial analysis. Able to clearly articulate important information in a concise and understandable manner.
- Able to build and sustain strong working relationships. Works collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft office programs.
If you would like to learn more about the role, please contact the CEO:
Kerry Mehaffey Kerry.Mehaffey@lilwat.ca or 604 894 6115
To apply for the role:
Please submit a cover letter outlining your salary expectations and resume to:
Rachel Dan, Executive Assistant
October 21, 2018