At Liĺwat Health & Healing, we help make a difference in the health of the children and families that live within Liĺwat Nation.
Title: Community Health Nurse – Registered Nurse
Location: Liĺwat Health & Healing
Status: Part Time (3 days per week) – 1 year Term
Schedule: Flexible, Monday to Friday
Reporting to: Health Director
Wage: Commensurate with BCNU Wage Rates as applicable
At Liĺwat Health & Healing, we help make a difference in the health of the children and families that live within Liĺwat Nation. We are part of a growing community steeped in traditional customs and language. You can join our progressive work culture and help us ensure our team members are supported, valued and recognized for their meaningful roles in the community.
The Sea-to-Sky region is a desirable place to live. The impressive mountains, fertile valleys and numerous lakes and rivers provide diverse recreational and cultural opportunities. Our location allows you to enjoy the variety of urban life and the gentle peace of a rural setting. We welcome you to explore more of what the Liĺwat Nation can offer you.
We currently have an opportunity for a Community Health Nurse (CHN) to focus on health promotion and disease and injury prevention with the Liĺwat Community. As part of a multidisciplinary team, the CHN will mainly work with infants, children and youth. Nurses in this setting are not on call and do not provide emergency services.
This position provides you the opportunity to:
- Work in partnership with the community to implement relevant and culturally-centered interventions
- Use a holistic approach to wellness to build capacity of individuals, families and the Liĺwat community
- Support and assist individuals with goal setting and Wellness Plans
- Manage Communicable Disease Control Programs, including immunization and tuberculosis programs
- Support families with pre-and post-natal education, assessments and liaising with other services
- Provide youth health services and education around safety, reproductive health, overdose prevention and wellness promotion, in group and classroom settings
- Work effectively within the framework of the population health/health promotion model
- Encourage mental wellness and connect individuals to our Cedar Circle team for support
- Liaise regularly with First Nations Health Authority Nursing Consultants to ensure the highest quality of care to community members
- Enjoy a work-life balance with a flexible schedule
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Current practicing registration, in good standing, with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia
- Bachelor degree in nursing
- At least one year of experience in a public health setting
- San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
- Must successfully pass the required pre-employment Criminal Records Check
- Must have B.C. immunization Certification and completed Tuberculosis Essentials course
- Current CPR Level C certification
- Certified Practice in STI Management and Contraceptive Management an asset
- Experience working in a First Nations Community and/ or a rural setting will be a benefit
- Home Care Nursing experience an asset
Please submit a resume and cover letter no later than 4:30 pm on September 18th, 2018 to:
Fiona Milton, Administrative Assistant to Health Director, Liĺwat Health & Healing
Fax: (604) 894-5639 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.