The project is a two-year initiative to develop a Comprehensive Community Plan. The plan will be comprehensive, covering all aspects of health, social issues, culture, education, lands and resources, economic development, and Band governance.
Location: Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: TEMPORARY FULL TIME / 2 year term
Reporting to: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER / ERNEST ARMANN
Wage/Salary: TO BE DETERMINED BASED ON SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The project is a two-year initiative to develop a Comprehensive Community Plan. The plan will be comprehensive, covering all aspects of health, social issues, culture, education, lands and resources, economic development, and Band governance. The Plan will guide Band initiatives to achieve a positive and sustainable future for the Líl̓wat Nation.
Community members will have direct input into the community plan. The Comprehensive Community Plan Coordinator (CCP Coordinator) will be responsible for community participation. The coordinator will meet with community members to explain the project, gather guidance and input, answer questions and bring the information back to the planning team. The coordinator will also share information on the project with the community through various communication methods (i.e. Social Media, video, email, phone, fax, print material etc.) The CCP Coordinator will also work closely with managers and staff of the different departments of the Administration.
General duties include:
- Be the main person on the Planning Team in contact with the community for the Comprehensive Community Planning process
- Encourage community participation
- Assist in gathering information from community members and department managers through surveys, interviews, internet, focus meetings, community meetings and workshops
- Assist in preparing surveys and questions
- Attend community, and other local events, to promote the CCP (e.g. sporting or cultural events)
- Meet individually with community members in home meetings and meetings with families to explain the Community Planning Process and gather guidance
- Organize meetings of the Planning Team and Steering Committee (department managers)
- Communicate and report regularly with community members independently and together with other team members through social media, video, email, phone, fax, print material newsletters, handouts, posters and other communication methods
- Maintain an up-to-date social media presence promoting the CCP (i.e. Facebook)
- Organize the information and input received from the community
- Gather background information on the community from statistics, history and reports
- Develop work plans with Planning Team; follow steps and schedule in work plan
Flexibility in scheduling will include evenings and weekends, access to reliable transportation is required.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than
4:30 p.m. on FRIDAY MARCH 9, 2018 to
Human Resources Department P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0