Title Comprehensive Community Planning Researcher (CCP Researcher)
Location: Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: TEMPORARY FULL TIME / 2 year term
Reporting to: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER / ERNEST ARMANN
Wage/Salary: TO BE DETERMINED BASED ON SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The project is a two-year initiative to develop a Comprehensive Community Plan (CCP). The plan will be comprehensive, covering all aspects of health, social issues, culture, education, lands and resources, economic development, and Nation governance. Community members will have direct input into the community plan, where it is envisioned to achieve a positive and sustainable future for the Líl̓wat Nation.
Supporting the CCP Coordinator, and reporting to the Nation’s Chief Operating Officer, the CCP Researcher will assist the CCP Coordinator in meeting the goals of this project. The CCP Researcher will conduct research into project objectives and goals, to inform communication messaging and processes, strategies, and is expected to attend all community meetings and sessions, capturing meeting notes and key insights from the meetings for future use. Use of language and culture including transcribing Ucwalmícwts.
General duties include:
- Assist in gathering information from community members and department managers through surveys, interviews, internet, focus meetings, community meetings and workshops
- Assist in preparing surveys and questions
- Attend community, and other local events, to promote the CCP (e.g. sporting or cultural events)
- Work with the CCP Coordinator to support individual meetings with community members
- Organize meetings of the Planning Team and Steering Committee (department managers)
- Assist with reporting and communicating project activities regularly with community members independently and together with other team members through social media, video, email, phone, fax, print material newsletters, handouts, posters and other communication methods
- Assist in maintaining an up-to-date social media presence promoting the CCP (i.e. Facebook)
- Assist in organizing information and input received from the community
- Researching background information on the community from statistics, history, and reports
- Assist in developing work plans with Planning Team; follow steps and schedule in work plan
The CCP Researcher is expected to have a high degree of organization strengths in administrative duties to help the project move forward. Flexibility in scheduling will include evenings and weekends, access to reliable transportation is required.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than:
4:30 p.m. on FRIDAY JUNE 1, 2018 to
Human Resources Department P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0