Title: Director of Tśzil Learning Centre
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Chief Administrative Officer
Closing Date: February 16, 2021
Summary of Duties:
The Director of Tśzil is responsible for providing the overall leadership, direction, management and professional support for the planning, development, implementation and administration of Tśzil Learning Centre Advanced Education and Training Programs, Services and Facilities. This position will work closely with all Líl̓wat Nation departments and community, our post-secondary partners, the Tśzil Learning Committee, and our funding agencies.
Key Deliverables and Expectations:
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Líl̓wat Nation formal Plans, Policies, Standards and Procedures, and as directed by the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
- Manages the affairs of the Tśzil Learning Centre in accordance with related Federal Laws, Statutes and Regulations, the customs, traditions and laws of the Líl̓wat Nation and the related formal contracts with external organizations.
- Creates partnerships and works in collaboration with external and internal stakeholders.
- Provides leadership to the Tśzil Education Committee, Lil’wat Nation Community and Learning Centre staff and faculty in the planning, development, management and delivery of education and training programs.
- Manages the overall development and submission/presentation of all formal Reports to include, but not limited to, Education, Financial, Human Resource and Administration.
- Manages/administers the financial affairs of the Tśzil Learning Centre, in accordance with approved Líĺwat Nation Financial Policy and Procedures and in consultation with the CAO and the Director of Finance as required/appropriate.
- Monitors the management and delivery of Tśzil Learning Centre Education and Training Programs to ensure compliance with approved Tśzil professional standards, policy, work plans and the terms and conditions of the funding agreements.
- Manages the planning, development and review of the Health and Safety Program for the students of the Tśzil Learning Centre, in consultation with the CAO and the Líl̓wat Nation Health and Safety Committee and assists in recommending for approval.
- Ensures that the needs and voice of the Líl̓wat Nation membership and Community are heard and reflected in the development and management of the Tśzil Learning Centre Programs and Services.
Experience and Attributes:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field preferred
- Excellent interpersonal coordinating skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of six to eight (6-8) years related Advanced Education and Training experience, to include Education and Program and Service planning, development and management
- Experience working within First Nations Education Community
- Experience working with related Government Statutes and Regulations
- Broad working knowledge of the principles and practices of current educational trends in curriculum and instruction
- Experience writing proposals and negotiating funding agreements for Advanced Education and Training Programs
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 pm February 16, 2021 to:
Melanie Williams, email@example.com
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.