Location: Líl̓wat Health and Healing, Líl̓wat Nation, Mt. Currie, BC
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Reporting to: Health Director
Wages/Salary: Dependent on Knowledge and Experience
The Early Childhood Development Manager will lead and implement the Líl̓wat Early Childhood Development (ECD) Strategy: a multi disciplinary, wholistic approach to improving health outcomes for children from birth to 6 years and their families.
- Guided by the Líl̓wat ECD Strategy, lead and facilitate the coordination of services to children birth to 6 years and their families.
- Manage the annual budget, authorize and monitor expenditures, provide internal and external reporting.
- Lead the ECD Working group (Health, Education, Day Care and Community Development) including meetings, case conferences and other joint initiatives.
- Develop internal partnerships to support shared activities to address determinants of health and reduce barriers for families.
- Lead ECD planning including work planning, identifying priorities and supporting the implementation of actions to achieve strategic outcomes.
- Provide direct supervision to ECD staff and human resource management to those staff.
- Develop and implement comprehensive communication tools, strategies and systems for Líl̓wat ECD services and the promotion of the importance of the early years.
- Develop external partnerships with other First Nation ECD organizations and government departments and agencies.
- Provide support and advice to the Daycare Manager on the overall operations of the Center including program, staff development and compliance with licensing regulations.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
Preference for a Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in Early Childhood Education or Certification in Early Childhood Education with additional childhood development certification such as Special Needs/ Infant Toddler, IDP/SCD Certificate. Professional Certification such as Teacher Certification with experience in primary education also considered.
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership/management position in Early Childhood Development.
- Demonstrated management skills including supervising staff, managing budgets, planning, quality monitoring, team building, and risk management.
- Strong understanding of Early Childhood Education regulations, ECD agencies and organizations.
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with children, families, staff and external partners.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than
4:30 pm February 21, 2020 to:
Jessica Frank, Health Director, Jessica.Frank@lilwat.ca
with the subject line: ECD Manager
Líl̓wat Health and Healing, 11092 Black Bear Road, Mount Currie BC. V0N 2K0
Fax: 604 894 5639
We thank you for your interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.