The Executive Administrative Assistant plays a vital role in the administration and support for both Chiefs & Council and the office of the Chief Operating Officer.
Title: EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Status: TEMPORARY FULL TIME / Salary based on Knowledge, Experience, Proven Ability
Reporting to: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER and POLITICAL CHIEF
The Executive Administrative Assistant plays a vital role in the administration and support for both Chiefs & Council (CnC) and the office of the Chief Operating Officer (C.O.O.) We currently have a short term opportunity to cover off a short term leave.
- Performs duties and responsibility in accordance with policy, standard operating procedure and direction given by the C.O.O.
- Prepare for CnC meetings, governance meeting, community assemblies by compiling and circulating agenda packages and arranging support activities
- Storage and retrieval of information generated from Band Council Resolutions (BCR) agreements, CnC. discussion /decisions, C.O.O. records of governance actions
- Ability to support the organizational wide implementation of records and documents management system
- Coordination of incoming communication (mail / e-mail /phone) and proper distribution for attention
- Coordinate calendars, schedules and support arrangements needed for community events or external travel
- Ensure monthly financials for CnC invoices are verified, coded and submitted for processing
- Maintain confidentially on all matters related to this office and its affairs of the NATION
Key Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Post secondary certificate or training in Office or Business Administration or Administrative Assistant
- Proven skills with Microsoft office and a high level of proficiency in computer programs and applicable software
- Actively participated in the iCompass Training Program and implementation of the learning
- Build and maintain workplace partnerships based on trust, tact, diplomacy and a positive approach to change
- Demonstrated focus on service
- A strong knowledge and understanding of; organizational structures, operational process, community and governance engagement
- Submit a criminal records check
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 p.m. Monday December 10, 2018 to:
Dan.Piotrowski@lilwat.ca or P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie VON 2K0