Location: on the land – various locations
Status: Temporary Full-time, 5 days/week, 8 weeks.
(Canada Summer Jobs position must be between 15-30 years of age).
Reporting to: Agricultural Manager
Wage/Salary: Dependent on Experience
Closing Date: Thursday, June 25, 2020
The farm hand will assist with the various agricultural initiatives in the community, primarily the Community School Fields Farm, though work at other sites will take place periodically. They will assist with all aspects of growing organic food through the summer season. This position requires employees to work outside in all weather conditions and be able to sustain full days of physical work.
- Assist with planting, maintaining, and harvest of produce.
- Assist with management of greenhouse production.
- Learn and implement weed and pest management techniques.
- Prepare produce for sale to customers.
- Assist with farm gate sales.
- Assist with community garden projects as required.
- Participate in training & education sessions as offered.
- Maintain and complete daily activity and time sheets.
- Assists the team and leader with other deliverables as required.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Applicants must be between 15-30 years old, as per the requirements of the Canada Summer Jobs funding.
- Experience with agriculture, horticulture or gardening an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a cooperative and contributing member of a team.
- Must be physically fit and capable of carrying 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, which may include weekends, according to weather and harvesting needs.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than:
4:30 p.m. on June 25, 2020 to:
Agricultural Manager, P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted