Title: Líl̓wat Nation Field Maintenance
Location: Recreation Department, Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: Two (2) Summer Students Position (35 hours/week for 6 weeks)
Reporting to: Alphonse Wallace, Recreation Coordinator
The Field Maintenance Summer Staff is responsible to the Parks and Recreation Maintenance Technician or their designate for performing general maintenance duties, assisting with construction projects, cleaning the School/Sports grounds and buildings, operating small grass cutting equipment and assisting with special functions.
- Responsible and accountable for general maintenance, cleanup duties and safety checks associated with various Community owned lands and facilities.
- Operate light vehicles, large mowers, tractors, small grass cutting/hedge trimming machinery, power tools, radio communications equipment and other specialized seasonal maintenance equipment assigned by the Supervisor in accordance with Community policies and procedures.
- Responsible and accountable for providing general information to the public and assisting with their concerns and complaints when possible.
- Assist with construction and landscape projects.
- Move supplies, picnic tables and equipment as directed.
- Collect and dispose of garbage and litter as directed.
- Report any violation of rules/regulations on or in relationship to Xe̓tolacw Community School, Líl̓wat Nation property to your supervisor.
JOB DESCRIPTION (Xe̓tolacw School/Líl̓wat Nation Property field maintenance):
- Assist with setup, tear-down and the operation of special events and functions.
- Setting up seasonal operations as directed (i.e. Cleaning equipment, and setting up sports fields)
- Will perform his/her duties and ensure that assigned employees/volunteers work in accordance with the Líl̓wat Safety Policy and Procedures as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act, including all applicable regulations.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Xe̓tolacw Community School and Recreation Coordinator.
- Develop and build, foster and sustain effective/positive working relationships with other staff and the Community.
JOB REQUIREMENT, SKILLS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be enrolled in High School (grade 8-12) or full time post-secondary
- Normal Work week – 35 hours (Temporary Full-Time)
- Interest in parks maintenance and sports field management is an asset.
- First Aid and CPR training is required. (training will be provided by Recreation)
- Capacity to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to the daily challenges associated with a busy work environment.
- Capacity to operate a variety of landscape and park maintenance equipment.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Capable of lifting equipment, tables and a variety of heavy objects.
- Job requires mental alertness to ensure the safety of others
- Job requires moderate physical exertion
- Involves mental and visual concentration
- Working conditions contain moderate risks which require planned safety precautions for limited periods of time.
- May be subject to bad weather and/or weather extremes during the discharge of responsibilities.
- Physical work including the use of small tools, lawn maintenance equipment
- Considerable periods of standing/sitting and moderate to heavy lifting, pushing, pulling at times.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 to:
Alphonse Wallace, Recreation Coordinator to Recreation Department
P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
Phone: (604)894-6115 ext: 2254 Email: Alphonse.Wallace@lilwat.ca
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted