INTERNAL JOB POSTING
LIL’WAT FORESTRY VENTURES LP
Title: Forestry Field Supervisor
Location: Líl̓wat Business Group Office
Status: Permanent, Full Time
The Forestry Field Supervisor is responsible for the overall profitability of all contracts of Líl̓wat Forestry Ventures LP. This includes safety and environmental management, project management and contract supervision. The FFS is responsible for assisting the Forest Operations Manager and to ensure the overall success of Líl̓wat Forestry Ventures LP.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Líl̓wat Business Group’s approved Plans, Policies, Standards and Programs, and as directed by the Forest Operations Manager.
- Maintains confidentiality on all matters related to the affairs of Líl̓wat Forestry Ventures LP and the Líl̓wat Nation.
- Develops and manages the affairs of Líl̓wat Forestry Ventures LP in accordance with the approved Vision, Mission and Value Statements of the Líl̓wat Business Group.
- Develops and completes a daily or weekly report to the Forest Operations Manager on the operations of Líl̓wat Forestry Ventures LP including progression of contracts and safety and environmental incidents.
- Develops, implements and monitors contract budgets and project work plans for Líl̓wat Forestry Ventures LP
- Provides commitment and direction to improve safety and the environment, reduce operational costs to maximize margins while meeting profit requirements.
- Works with other staff to develop a weekly schedule for all Líl̓wat Forestry Ventures LP employees.
- Ensures Líl̓wat Forestry Ventures maintains and complies with the BC Forest Safety Council “SAFE Certification” program by completing and filing all required documents.
- Assists in ensuring the health and safety of employees and contractors by monitoring work practices in the field (audits) and by providing for emergency health and safety measures.
- Professional Forestry certification (Registered Forest Professional or Registered Forest Technician)
- Firefighting training (S100, S185, ICS100, S212, S235, S232, S211)
- BC Silviculture Survey accreditation
- Basic Chainsaw Training
- OFA Level 3
- Cultural training/ education, including botanical resources
- BC Hydro Green Card/ Certified Utility Arborist
- Class 4 driver’s License
- Equipment operator training
- Heavy duty, automotive or small engine mechanic training
- Two (2) years in the forest industry including doing forest technician work in silviculture, engineering, and harvesting.
- Forestry experience within a First Nations Organization
- Experience in the tree planting, brushing, pruning, spacing, trail building
- Experience in firefighting and fuels management
- Experience working as a crew leader/ foreman
- Prefer experience working within the BC Forestry Industry
- Experience in related Occupational Health and Safety
- Commitment to training / supervision / management of personnel
- Strong team player with excellent teambuilding skills
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to travel as required for the position
Submit a cover letter and resume no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 15, 2018
LIL’WAT BUSINESS GROUP
P.O. BOX 605, Mount Currie, BC, V0N2K0
Attention: Michelle Thevarge Michelle.Thevarge@lilwat.ca