Position: Forestry Technician
Status: Seasonal (2 Positions) (May-August)
Reporting to: Forest Operations Manager
Salary: To Be Determined based on experience (40 hrs/week)
Líl̓wat Forestry Ventures LP
Líl̓wat Forestry Ventures LP (LFVLP) is a First Nations owned Forest Licensee operating in Mount Currie B.C. LFVLP is a very diverse company, managing and maintaining many areas of the Squamish Forest District. The variety of forest, environmental and land management professionals within our company provide exclusive opportunities to learn and grow. LFVLP are Safe Certified, and we have registered crews with the Wildfire Management Branch based in Mount Currie, ready to fight fires.
Forestry Summer Students
LFVLP are seeking motivated individuals who have been or are currently enrolled in a Forestry related program, students who will be returning to school in September will also be considered. Successful applicants will work alongside our certified forestry professionals and forestry crews in a technical position gaining experience in many forestry practices. We hope with provided exposure forest technicians will have a better understanding and ability to apply what they have learned to their career.
Working alongside our Forestry Operations Managers and field crews, seasonal employees can work in a variety of areas such as:
• Supervising tree planting, fuel management and brushing
• Technical works, such as silviculture surveys, block layout, site plans, and prescription writing.
• Follow instruction and safe work procedures
• Be accountable and flexible
• Remain respectful and safe
Ability to organize, prioritize and manage workload
• Organize crews and scheduling
• Ability to work independently / with minimal supervision
• Physically fit
• Great attitude
• Driver’s License an asset but not required.
• First Aid Level 1 an asset but not required.
• Strong organizational and project coordination skills
• Hardworking, positive attitude, willing to take initiative
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• iPad skills and experience using Avenza Maps
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Ability to travel as required for the position
• Provide experiences
• Provide safe work procedures
• Provide training prior to operating any tools
• The right candidates will be eligible for advanced training ex. First Aid
If you are interested in being a part of our success, please submit your cover letter, resume and two (2) references to:
Líĺwat Forestry Ventures LP
Attention: Marcus Scherer, Forest Tech
PO Box 605, Mount Currie, BC V0N 2K0
Phone: (604) 894-6115
Fax: (604) 894-1518
All applications must be received prior to 4:30PM on February 28th 2020