A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM AT XET̓ÓLACW COMMUNITY SCHOOL.
Title: General Education Assistant
Location: Xet’olacw Community School, Mount Currie, B.C.Status: Full Time / Temporary
Reporting to: Special Education Coordinator
Wage/Salary: According to Experience
Closing Date: September 21, 2017
The Full Time Special Needs Education Assistant will work closely with the Special Education Coordinator and School Administration. The full time Education Assistant will maintain a positive, supportive and professional relationship with the education community in and out of the classroom. The full time Education Assistant will lso have opportunities to participate in high quality professional development.
- Reporting to the Special Education Coordinator at the Xet’olacw Community School.
- Must have high energy and love of children.
- Working with other professionals.
- Ensuring a reporting format is established and maintained
- Keep a daily journal.
- Ability to follow instruction as outlined in student improvement plan
- Willing to participate in team meetings in planning for student
- First Aid an asset
- To provide student assistance in and out of class under the direction of the Special Education Coordinator.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
Must have Grade 12, ECE or other related certificates, diploma an asset
- Must complete a criminal record check.
- Classroom experience would be an asset.
- Some knowledge of child development.
- Work collaboratively with Special Education Teacher and Therapists.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision, flexibly in a creative manner.
- Must have empathy, understanding and dedication to service.
- Some understanding of behaviour problems would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Líl̓wat Language and Culture
- Must be reliable.
An Education Assistant Handbook is available for further direction.
There is some training support on Wednesdays.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on September 21, 2017 to:
Xit’olacw Community School, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.