Grade One Teacher
Position Type Teaching Position (One Year for a Leave), September 2018 to June 2019
Location: Xet’olacw Community School, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
No. of Positions: 1
Reporting to: Principal
Salary: As per the Teaching Salary Grid
Posting Date: April 17, 2018
Closing Date: May 1, 2018
Xet’olacw Community School is a Lil’wat Nation school situated 35 minutes north of Whistler, B.C. in the Mount Currie Community. The School is a modern, dynamic institution with a strong First Nations curriculum as well as academics from N to 12.
Applicants need to be willing to work in a collaborative environment including involvement in an aboriginal student achievement program, which includes coaching that improves student and teacher performance.
This position provides an opportunity for high quality Professional Development
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Possession of or eligibility for a BC Teaching Certificate
- Membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch
- Ability to work with First Nations students in a First Nations community
- Innovative and energetic
- Positive thinking and ability to work as a team member
- Skill in developing instructional strategies based on essential skills and engaging for students.
- Experience with Read Well, DIBELS and Six Minute Solution an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively. Must be cooperative in strategies with Professional Learning Communities under direction of First Nations School Association
- Familiar with Saxon Math an asset
- Experience and /or education in special needs an asset.
- Teaching record of success an asset.
Applications and Other Documents:
- Send cover letter, resume, including reference, transcripts, copy of degrees and TQS Category, prefer by fax.
Please submit cover letter outlining your interest in First Nations Education and resume including three references.
Glenda Gabriel, Receptionist/Secretary
Xet’olacw Community School
P.O. Box 604
Mount Currie, B.C.
Tel: 604 894-6131
Fax: (604) 894-5717
We thank for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted