Location: Recreation Department, Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: Summer Student Position (35 hours/week for 6 weeks)
Reporting to: Alphonse Wallace, Recreation Coordinator
The Recreation Department is looking to hire a student to work as a Summer Day Camp Supervisor for the months of June to August. Successful candidate will need to assist with knowledge of basic computer skills, but not limited to Microsoft Office – Excel and Word and well organized and attention to detail. The Summer Day Camp Supervisor will be expected to work from 8:30 – 4:30 Monday to Friday and some evenings. They will be monitoring and reporting back to the Recreation Department. Uniforms and workshop training will be provided.
- Plan daily activities and clearly communication on monitoring and reporting
- Keep daily monitoring reports of activities, and submit weekly to the Recreation Coordinator
- Communicate with the public in the field in a courteous and respectful manner as a representative of Líl̓wat Nation
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Arrive at the Recreation Department office at 8:30 am each morning prepared to spend the day in recreation.
- Report back at the end of the day by 4:00 pm.
- Be reliable, safety conscious and able to work in the field without supervision.
- Be responsible for time sheets.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Must be minimal of 18 years of age
- A valid BC Driver’s License is an asset;
- Must be First Nations/Inuit
- Must have social insurance number (SIN)
- Must be available for the 6 weeks of employment
- Ability to communicate well with the public.
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Ability to fill in daily monitoring reports
- Proficient in use of a computer or laptop is an asset.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 20, 2019 to:
Alphonse Wallace, Recreation Coordinator to Recreation Department
P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
Phone: (604)894-6115 ext: 2254 Email: Alphonse.Wallace@lilwat.ca
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted