At Liĺwat Health & Healing, we support the wellness of individuals and families that live within Liĺwat Nation.
Title: Home Care Nurse – Registered Nurse
Location: Liĺwat Health & Healing
Status: Casual / 1 year Term
Schedule: Flexible, Monday to Friday
Reporting to: Home Support Supervisor & Health Director
Wage: Commensurate with BCNU Wage Rates as applicable
At Liĺwat Health & Healing, we support the wellness of individuals and families that live within Liĺwat Nation. We are part of a growing community steeped in traditional customs and language.
Liĺwat Health & Healing has a position open for a Home and Community Care Nurse (HCN) to focus on wellness support and chronic disease management with our community members. The HCN will be part of a multidisciplinary team and work with people who have chronic illnesses, disabilities or who have recently been discharged from the hospital. Nurses in this Health Centre are not on call and do not provide emergency services.
The Sea-to-Sky region is a desirable place to live. The numerous lakes and rivers, impressive mountains and fertile valleys provide diverse recreational and cultural opportunities. Our health centre’s location allows you to enjoy the variety of urban life and the gentle peace of a rural setting. We welcome you to explore more of what the Liĺwat Nation can offer you.
This position provides you the opportunity to:
- Partner with individuals and their support systems to implement holistic and culturally-centered interventions
- Assesses the needs of those referred to the program and determine their eligibility for services
- Provide education to assist individuals in understanding their wellness needs and make informed decisions regarding their lifestyle and treatment options
- Promote self-management to empower people to remain living independently
- Case manage and coordinate services through linkages with external resources, referrals to health and social services, and liaise with other Liĺwat Health & Healing and Liĺwat Nation services
- Liaise with hospitals, health centres, physician, specialists and other services to support safe and effective care for the client, including post-hospital discharge planning and follow-up care
- Provide in-home and in-clinic nursing services such as wound care, ostomy care, medication education and support our Personal Support Workers
- Encourage mental wellness and connect individuals to our Cedar Circle team for support
- Access First Nations Health Authority Nursing Consultants to ensure a high quality of service to the community
- Enjoy a work-life balance with a flexible schedule
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Current practicing registration, in good standing, with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia
- Bachelor degree in nursing
- At least one year of experience in a home care or adult health setting
- San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
- Must successfully pass the required pre-employment Criminal Records Check
- Current CPR Level C certification
- Wound and ostomy care, chronic disease support, palliative care and foot care experience an asset
- Experience working in a First Nations Community and/ or a rural setting will be a benefit
Please submit a resume and cover letter no later than 4:30 pm on September 18th, 2018 to:
Fiona Milton, Administrative Assistant to Health Director, Liĺwat Health & Healing
Fax: (604) 894-5639 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.