Amount: 10 positions
Location: Líl̓wat Health and Healing, Xet́olacw Community
Status: Temporary, Piece work Contract
Reporting to: Director of Health
Wage/Salary: Per survey
Closing Date: May 22, 2019
Líl̓wat Nation is seeking ten (10) energetic, outgoing Líl̓wat Community Surveyors to conduct 600 individual or 250 household health and wellness surveys.
Under the direction of the Health Director, the Líl̓wat Community Surveyors will be hired to collect demographic, economic, and health related data by canvassing and conducting surveys with different households. Each Surveyor will receive training and will be expected to conduct 35 to 40 household surveys. The surveyors will be paid $25 per completed survey and $5 for uncompleted surveys (if contact with community member has been attempted on 3 separate days). The surveyor will be paid up to 12 hours at $20.00 per hour for training, meetings and reporting.
The training and surveys will start the last week of May and will finish mid-June.
- Attend mandatory trainings in late May. These are paid trainings covering the basics of administering surveys and allowing surveyors to become familiar with the survey form, privacy and security.
- Administer the survey to community members who agree to participate.
- Submit completed surveys and record addresses visited each day.
- Stay in contact with manager for security purposes and in case questions or concerns arise.
- Be polite and a good representative of Líl̓wat.
- Participate in project meetings, as required.
Key Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings
- Reliable transportation may be required
- Must have access to a working phone (in case of an emergency or questions)
- Minimum High School or GED certificate
- Ability to drive and walk on a regular basis at locations in Líl̓wat
- Able to work independently and as a team-player
- Must be able to talk with families in a respectful and professional way
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on May 22, 2019 to:
Melanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0