The Recreation Department is looking to hire (3) three summer students to work as Assistant Summer Camp Supervisor for the months of July and August
Location: Recreation Department, Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: (3) Three Summer Student Positions (35 hours/week for 6 weeks)
Reporting to: Alphonse Wallace, Recreation Coordinator
Start Date: July 4, 2017
End Date: August 11, 2017
The Recreation Department is looking to hire (3) three summer students to work as Assistant Summer Camp Supervisor for the months of July and August. Successful candidates will need to have sufficient knowledge of cultural activities and camping, crafts, sports and filed trip activities. The Summer Worker Coordinator will be expected to work from 8:30 – 4:30 Monday to Friday. They will be supervising and reporting back to the Recreation Department. Uniforms will be provided.
- Plan daily activities for the children and youth in the Líl̓wat Nation Community.
- Keep daily monitoring reports of activities, and submit weekly to the Recreation Coordinator
- Communicate with the public in the field in a courteous and respectful manner as a representative of Líl̓wat Nation
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Arrive at the Recreation Department office at 8:30 am each morning prepared to spend the day in recreation.
- Report back at the end of the day by 4:00 pm.
- Be reliable, safety conscious and able to work in the field without supervision.
- Be responsible in time management.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Must be minimal of 15 years of age and enrolled in High School or full time post-secondary
- Must be First Nations/Inuit
- Must have social insurance number (SIN)
- Must be available for the 6 weeks of employment
- Ability to communicate well with the public.
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Ability to fill in daily monitoring reports
- Proficient in use of a computer or laptop is an asset.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, June 20, 2017 to:
Alphonse Wallace, Recreation Coordinator to Recreation Department
P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
Phone: (604)894-6115 ext.: 2254 Email: Alphonse.Wallace@lilwat.ca
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted