Location: Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: Temporary, Full Time (35 hours/week for 8 weeks)
Reporting to: Robert Ritchie and Shannon Didier
Wage/Salary: $14.60 hourly
Closing Date: June 26, 2020
Xet́olacw Community School summer student to work at Líl̓wat Place and the Community Garden (By Tśipun).
Work Tasks and Duties for farm and community garden:
- Grass cutting and trimming
- Assist with Xet’olacw community garden upkeep of land and assist gardeners with watering and weeding
- Other additional duties and training opportunities provided
Duties at Líl̓wat Place:
- Cutting of the grass over summer
- Able to use a chainsaw (unsupervised) to manage clean up by the river and trails.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Arrive at the Xet’olacw Community School at 8:00 a.m. each morning prepared to work on the duties assigned for that day. Report back at the end of the day by 4:00 p.m.
- Be reliable, safety conscious and able to work in the field without supervision at times.
- Be responsible for the upkeep and safe handling of any equipment needed to perform duties assigned.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Preference to be given to Lil’wat Nation community member.
- 15+ years of age, who is returning to school in fall 2020
- Must have social insurance number (SIN).
- Must be reliable and punctual each day
- Must be hard working and a self-starter with a positive attitude
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on June 26, 2020
Ts’zil Learning Center, Front Desk Attn: Catherine Pascal
125 Lillooet Lake Rd, Mount Currie, BC V0N 2K0
Phone: 604-894-2300 email: email@example.com
**Dependent on Funding approval**
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted