This opportunity is responsible for providing overall leadership and direction to staff and students in accordance with the Liĺwat Nation Strategic Plan and the Department’s goals and objectives of the Ts̓zil Learning Centre.
Title: Manager of Post-Secondary Advanced Education & Training
Status: Regular Full time
Reporting to: Ernest Armann, Chief Operating Officer
This opportunity is responsible for providing overall leadership and direction to staff and students in accordance with the Liĺwat Nation Strategic Plan and the Department’s goals and objectives of the Ts̓zil Learning Centre (an Aboriginal Post-Secondary Institute). This position must work closely with all LIĹWAT NATION departments, our post-secondary partners, the Nation‘s Education Committee, a wide range of funding agencies and a network of instructors, and trainers. The Manager is also responsible for overseeing the operations of the new facilities. In the fall 2018, the newly constructed TS̓ZIL LEARNING CENTRE will open to a new era of championing learning opportunities for the LIĹWAT NATION and its neighboring communities.
- Lead the collaboration in working effectively with key post-secondary agencies, funding groups, and training stakeholders.
- Liaise with our post-secondary partners to inform and align our course and program arrangements.
- Develop job descriptions in line with funding agreements, recruit, develop, and grow the team.
- Collaborate with Liĺwat Nation departments, the Liĺwat community, and neighboring communities to facilitate the recruitment of potential students.
- Lead the planning, budgeting, execution of the goals and objectives of Ts̓zil Learning Centre.
- Preparation of operating reports and financial statements as required by funders and Liĺwat Nation.
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operation of the Ts̓zil Learning Centre.
- Participate as a member in all Liĺwat Nation Senior Managers forums.
- Ensure quality of all courses and training programs at Ts̓zil Learning Centre.
- Research, identify, develop, and negotiate funding opportunities.
- Identify and develop education and training networks which align with Liĺwat Nation Strategic Plan
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with the community, committees, Colleges/Universities, First Nation agencies, and neighboring communities.
- Provide leadership that promotes long-range educational success for students, families, the Nation, and neighboring communities.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Education and/or Business Administration
- Master’s Degree in Education or Business Administration is an asset
- Minimum 3 years in leading people and managing processes
- Experience working with a First Nations community and a diverse student population
- Business Systems and Procedures competency, including accounting
- Post-Secondary and/or Trades training program coordination experience
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse, rural setting.
- Demonstrated ability to coach , mentor, develop teams and individuals
- Excellent interpersonal, networking skills.
- Excellent computer, Microsoft office skills.
Send your resume by 4:30 pm on May 11, 2018 to:
Lisa Fisher, Manager of Advanced Education & Training
Please write “MANAGER OF ADVANCED ED” in subject line
The Mount Currie Band is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank for your interest, however, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted.