Location: Líl̓wat Health Healing, Mount Currie, BC
Status: Full Time Permanent
Reporting to: Health Director, Líl̓wat Health & Healing
Wage/Salary: Dependent on Experience
Líl̓wat Health and Healing, Líl̓wat Nation is seeking to hire a skilled and qualified Medical Office Assistant to work with the Nursing team. The Nursing team includes Community Health, Home Care and Maternal Child Health Nursing professionals.
The Medical Office Assistant provides administrative, clerical and clinical support to the Líl̓wat Health and Healing (LHH) Nursing team.
- Assembles and maintains client charts, inputs client information into Mustimuhw and Panorama databases.
- Schedules appointments and clinics, arranging for referrals.
- Prepares examination and treatment rooms for patient visits, including cleaning and setting up of equipment.
- Assists Nurse with clinic procedures.
- Prepares reports, memos, emails, posters, presentations, and correspondence.
- Creates, updates, formats, and maintains health forms, templates, manuals, checklists, and other documents.
- Assists the Nursing team with the delivery of the communicable disease control (CDC) program including ordering vaccine and supplies, managing resources, scheduling immunization clinics and individual appointments, assisting with community education initiatives, and assisting with documentation and reporting.
- Ensures client files are maintained to according to professional standards and include all required information.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Certificate from a Medical Office Assistant program.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Medical Office Assistant
- Extensive technical skills including proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Adobe, and proficiency with a variety of office equipment and communication technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Ability to juggle numerous tasks in a busy environment.
- Knowledge of First Nations issues, families an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with children, families, elders, staff and external partners.
- Willingness to train a community member.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Please submit a resume and cover letter no later than
Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 4:30 pm to
Jessica Frank, Health Director at Jessica.Frank@lilwat.ca
With the subject line: Medical Office Assistant
Or hand deliver to Reception at Líl̓wat Health and Healing