Title: Nurse Manager, NEW OPPORTUNITY
Location: Líl̓wat Health and Healing, Líl̓wat Nation, Mt. Currie, BC
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Reporting to: Health Director
Wages/Salary: Dependent on Knowledge and Experience
Líl̓wat Health and Healing is seeking a Nurse Manager to provides leadership of the Nursing team in a busy Health Centre. The team includes community health, home care and maternal child health Nursing professionals and a Medical Office Assistant.
- Provide direct professional consultation of the Nursing team members including Home care Nurses, Maternal Child Health Nurse, Community Health Nurse and Medical Office Assistant.
- Support the Nursing team to follow provincially and federally mandated Nursing Standards and Practices while ensuring culturally safe and culturally appropriate public health, maternal child health and home care nursing services.
- Support the delivery of the communicable disease control (CDC) program including communicable disease surveillance, an immunization program, outbreak management, TB screening, HIV/AIDS and STBBI screening, community education, documentation and reporting.
- Develop external partnerships including with the First Nation Health Authority, Vancouver Coastal Health and the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals.
- Identify and support the Nursing team to access professional development and training.
- Monitor best practices and new approaches in community-based Nursing and lead the appropriate integration of new practices and approaches.
- Ensure effective communication within the Nursing team.
- Develop and implement effective, comprehensive communication strategies to promote the nursing programs and services in the community.
- As required, performs nursing duties within scope of practice including client assessment, medication administration, wound care, and home visits.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from a recognized university.
- Experience in public health nursing including maternal and newborn health, infant, child and youth health, mental wellness, addictions and harm reduction.
- Experience in home care, elder health, chronic disease management and injury prevention.
- A minimum of five (5) years of nursing experience and 1 year in a management/leadership role.
- Current registration with the British Columbia College Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Current BC Driver’s License.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to lead program planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with children, families, elders, staff and external partners.
- Organizational skills including planning, setting priorities, and managing resources.
- Knowledge of First Nations issues, families, family systems and culturally safe practices.
- Maintains a healthy work-life balance and practices good self-care.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than Wednesday, July 8, 2020 to:
Jessica Frank, Health Director, Jessica.Frank@lilwat.ca
with the subject line: Nursing Manager
Líl̓wat Health and Healing, 11092 Black Bear Road, Mount Currie BC. V0N 2K0 Fax: 604 894 5639
We thank you for your interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.