The Land and Resources Department is seeking individuals who are interested in working as on-call archaeology field technicians for 2017 field season.
Location: Land and Resources Department, Mount Currie, BC
Status: Casual/Temporary/On-Call for the 2017 Field Season
Reporting to: Referral Coordinator
Wage: Dependent on experience
The Land and Resources Department is seeking individuals who are interested in working as on-call archaeology field technicians for 2017 field season. The field season will begin in April and continue until there is snow (typically the end of October). Candidates will report directly to the Referral Coordinator and will be expected to work cooperatively with our Land and Resources Department Cultural Technicians, as well as professional archaeologists that will be hired for specific projects from time to time during the season. Candidates will assist in conducting field work for Preliminary Field Reconnaissance, Archaeological Impact Assessments, Archaeological monitoring, and other types of archaeological assessments that may be required. Candidates must be physically fit, have knowledge of outdoor safety, and prepared to work outdoors in all conditions and rough terrain within the Lil’wat Traditional Territory. Early mornings and long days may be required.
- Be punctual, reliable and prepared to work outside in all conditions
- Arrive at work with appropriate clothing and gear for field work, including cork boots, rain gear, visibility vest, hard hat and water proof paper and pen.
- Conduct field duties under the direction of the Archaeologist or Cultural Technician, as applicable
- Take field notes and prepare field reports as needed
- Support and role model values and vision of Líl̓wat Nation
- Assist with other deliverables as required
- Level 1 first aid
- RISC Archaeological & CMT Training Certificate of Completion
- Physical ability to work in rough terrain
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the Líl̓wat Nation culture, history and traditional territory an asset
- Ability to use mapping and GPS tools on an iPad an asset
- Valid BC Driver’s License an asset
- Vehicle an asset
Owning a cellular phone an asset
Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than 4:00 pm on April 28, 2017, to:
Bobbi-Jo Leo, Office Coordinator, Land and Resources Department
P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N2K0
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.