Location: Líl̓wat Health & Healing
Status: Temp/Casual – which may include some hours on weekends.
Reporting to: Operations Manager, Iris Pierre
Wage or Salary: Dependent upon Training and Experience
The On-call maintenance Worker/Grounds Keeper for Líl̓wat Health & Healing would be responsible for up keep & safety of the grounds in and around the health center building. Will also be required to complete minor repairs in and around the building.
- Following the maintenance weekly schedule provided.
- Keeping outdoor areas clean and safe which includes and not limited to, picking up trash, checking for broken glass, sweeping, raking leaves, cutting grass. In the winter, this will include shoveling and salting all walkways, exits, and daycare playing areas.
- Security checks on the building; evening & weekends
- Building maintenance; inside and outside
- Responding to requests for minor repairs, inside/outside building, from a multitude of programs.
- Making suggestions to your supervisor for major repairs and requests for experts needed to perform these tasks.
- On-call for TYCO Security response; evening & weekends
- Attending to the Viking Sprinkler system; along with contacting for repairs and/or emergencies
Key Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Ability to prioritize duty requests; on demand or required.
- Carpentry experience and/or applicable trades training is an asset.
- Experience with problem solving issues in building and areas.
- Ability to positively interact and communicate with a variety of staff and supervisor.
- Possess the capacity to work independently and take initiative on assigned projects
- Must be a positive role model.
- Vehicle access & valid driver’s license preferred
Please submit your resume as soon as possible to Iris.Pierre@lilwat.ca
Líl̓wat Nation, PO Box 161, Mount Currie BC VON 2K0