Title: On-Reserve Lands Registration Clerk
Location: Mount Currie
Status: Part Time (21 hours/week)
Reporting to: Director of Lands and Resources
The Líĺwat Nation is seeking a part time On-Reserve Lands Registration Clerk to fulfill the administrative duties for on-reserve lands registrations for the Lands & Resources Department. The ideal candidate will have strong communication, organizational, and office administration skills. The applicant must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as be a cooperative and contributing member of the Lands and Resources Department team.
The successful candidate will be responsible to fulfill the administrative duties for the on-reserve land registration process in accordance with the Líĺwat Land Law, including:
- Receiving and processing land registration, land transfers, and other land transaction applications from community members.
- Coordinating and administering Land Management Board meetings, including scheduling meetings and taking minutes.
- Providing administrative support to the Land Management Board to address disputes regarding land registrations.
- Maintains and organizes Land Registration files
This position requires an individual that has:
- A certificate or diploma in office administration or a combination of coursework and relevant work experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) and use of web applications.
- The ability to communicate effectively with community members, deal with sensitive land issues and deliver difficult messages in a productive manner with the discretion, judgement and in confidence as may be required.
- Knowledge and understanding of Líĺwat Nation’s culture, history, and reserve lands.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and evenings when required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as be a cooperative and contributing member of a team.
- *due to COVID-19 must be able to work remotely
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 pm Friday July 10, 2020 to:
Richenda Grafton, Office Coordinator, Richenda.Grafton@lilwat.ca
Land and Resources Department, P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0