A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM AT XET̓ÓLACW COMMUNITY SCHOOL.
Title: Full Time One-on-One Special Needs Education Assistant
Location: Xet̓ólacw Community School, Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: Full Time / Temporary
Reporting to: Special Education Coordinator
Wage/Salary: According to Experience
Closing Date: September 21, 2017
The Full Time Special Needs Education Assistant will work closely with the Special Education Coordinator and Classroom Teachers in the High School. The Full Time special Needs Education Assistant will maintain a positive, supportive, and professional relationship with the education community by assisting the student with the daily learning activities developed by the classroom teacher. By being consistent with expectations for the student. The Full Time special Needs Education Assistant will also have opportunities to participate in high quality professional development.
- Reporting to the Special Education Coordinator at the Xet’olacw Community School.
- Must have high energy and love of children.
- Working with other professionals.
- Ensuring a reporting format is established and maintained
- Keep a daily journal.
- Ability to follow instruction as outlined in student improvement plan
- Willing to participate in team meetings in planning for student
- First Aid an asset
- To provide student assistance in and out of class under the direction of the Special Education Coordinator.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Must have Grade 12, ECE or other related certificates, diploma an asset
- Must complete a criminal record check.
- Classroom experience would be an asset.
- Some knowledge of child development.
- Work collaboratively with Special Education Teacher and Therapists.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision, flexibly in a creative manner.
- Must have empathy, understanding and dedication to service.
- Some understanding of behaviour problems would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Líl̓wat Language and Culture
- Must be reliable.
An Education Assistant Handbook is available for further direction.
There is some training support on Wednesdays.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on September 21, 2017 to:
Xet̓ólacw Community School, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.