Líl̓wat Health & Healing requires a dedicated Patient Travel Clerk.
Job Posting: Patient Travel Coordinator – Líl̓wat Health & Healing
Status: Full Time – 35 hours per Week
Reporting to: Operations Manager, Iris Pierre
Salary: Dependent upon Training and Experience
Líl̓wat Health & Healing requires a dedicated Patient Travel Clerk. The successful candidate’s main objective is to respond and follow through on requests from community members to access medical transportation benefits and process them in accordance with Non-Insured Health Benefits guidelines as administered by the First nations Health Authority. The Patient Travel Clerk will provide information and assistance to community members regarding eligibility and types of services covered through medical, dental and optical health coverage, assist community members with accessing Non-insured Health Benefits Program and the services of the Líl̓wat Health & Healing. The Patient Travel Clerk will be a welcoming voice and face available for assistance to the community and external organizations.
- Screen and assess client’s that are seeking assistance and services to determine if they are eligible for benefits according the Medical Transportation Benefits Policy.
- Document and maintain cases thoroughly in confidential files.
- Develop a trusting relationship with clients and staff through open, honest communication and genuine concern for client’s diverse situations.
- Responsible for making travel arrangements with various service providers.
- Communicating with external organizations including but not limited to; hospitals, doctor’s offices, nurses, social workers to clarify and confirm eligibility.
- Enter travel details into Accounting’s E-Requester system for payment
- Entering appointment information into the cEMR Mustimuhw data base system; which provides not only reporting information but also paper work back up for payment
- Ensuring that financial reporting to the First Nations Health Authority is completed in a timely fashion.
- Occasional duties that aren’t listed that may arise.
Skills & Experience:
- Grade 12 Graduate
- Must have high proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability or willingness to train in the use of E-Requester
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Preference given for those with Patient Travel experience.
- Must be capable of working under pressure with tact and diplomacy; ability to positively interact and communicate with a variety of staff and supervisor.
- Must be a positive role model.
- Must be able to submit a satisfactory criminal reference check. Must be bondable.
- Understanding of the Líl̓wat culture, management and lifestyle.
- Preference for class 5 driver’s license and access to vehicle
Please forward a current résumé, covering letter and employment references
no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, November 20, 2018 to:
Fiona Milton, Administrative Assistant Fiona.Milton@lilwat.ca
Líl̓wat Nation, PO Box 602, Mount Currie, BC V0N 2K0