Title: PUBLIC WORKS GENERAL LABOUR (TWO POSITIONS)
Location: Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: Summer Student Position (35 hours / week for 8 weeks
Reporting to: Calvin Jameson, Superintendent Public Works
Wage/Salary: $14.60 hourly
Closing Date: June 26, 2020
The Líl̓wat Nation Public Works Department is seeking two (2) summer student workers to assist with the day to day operations of Public Works. Successful candidates will need to be capable of manual, out-door labour under the support, direction and supervision of the Public Works Superintendent. Various duties will be performed including out-door cleaning and debris removal, painting, minor repair work to Band buildings and assets including roads, water and sanitation.
- Carry out the duties assigned by the Public Works Superintendent (or delegated authority).
- Keep track of hours worked and report on duties performed and completed.
- An ability to work with others in the field in a courteous and respectful manner.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Arrive at the Public Works Yard (Xet’olacw) at 8:00 a.m. each morning prepared to work on the duties assigned for that day.
- Report back at the end of the day by 4:00 p.m.
- Be reliable, safety conscious and able to work in the field without supervision at times.
- Be responsible for the upkeep and safe handling of any equipment needed to perform duties assigned.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Preference to be given to Líl̓wat Nation community member.
- 15+ years of age, who is returning to school in fall 2020
- Must have social insurance number (SIN).
- Valid BC Driver’s License would be an asset.
- Ability to work independently without supervision at times.
- Ability to fill in daily monitoring reports.
- Able to lift 50+ lbs
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on June 26, 2020
Ts’zil Learning Center, Front Desk Attn: Catherine Pascal
125 Lillooet Lake Rd, Mount Currie, BC V0N 2K0
Phone: 604-894-2300 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Dependent on Funding approval**
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted