Liĺwat Nation and ACCESS are offering Youth Summer Employment for the months of July and August.
Title: PUBLIC WORKS GENERAL LABOUR (TWO POSITIONS)
Location: Xet’olacw Village, Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: Summer Student Position (35 hours / week for 7 weeks)
Reporting to: Liĺwat Employment and Training Resource Centre
Liĺwat Nation and ACCESS are offering Youth Summer Employment for the months of July and August. There are two positions available at Public Works.
- Carry out the duties assigned by the Public Works Superintendent (or delegated authority).
- Keep track of hours worked and report on duties performed and completed.
- An ability to work with others in the field in a courteous and respectful manner.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Arrive at the Public Works Yard (Xeṫólacw) at 8:00 a.m. each morning prepared to work on the duties assigned for that day.
- Report at the end of the day by 4:00 p.m.
- Be reliable, safety conscious and able to work in the field without supervision at times.
- Be responsible for the upkeep and safe handling of any equipment needed to perform duties assigned.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Must be a minimal of 16 years of age.
- Preference to be given to Liĺwat Nation community member.
- Must have social insurance number (SIN).
- Valid BC Driver’s License would be a desired asset.
- Ability to work independently without supervision at times.
- Ability to fill in daily monitoring reports.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:00 p.m. on June 22, 2018
Front Desk, Liĺwat Employment and Training Resource Centre
Ruth Dick, Resource Room Coordinator
PO Box 602, Mount Currie, BC V0N 2K0
Phone: 604-967-6036 email: email@example.com
DEPENDANT UPON FUNDING APPROVAL
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted