The Ts̓zil Learning Centre Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will handle a wide range of administrative support related tasks and will be able to work independently, with little supervision.
Title: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Location: Ts’zil Learning Centre, Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: Permanent, full-time
Reporting to: Lisa Fisher, Manager of Advanced Education & Training
The Ts̓zil Learning Centre Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will handle a wide range of administrative support related tasks and will be able to work independently, with little supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting and interacting with diverse people and programs. The ability to interact with staff, Líl̓wat Nation Members, and the general public in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible, resourceful and efficient is crucial to this role. The position requires professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Coordinate meeting travel and accommodation as needed
- Assist with accounting activities (e.g., preparing cheque requisitions and purchase orders, receiving, entering items into eRequester, recording payments and issuing receipts…etc.)
- Performs typing, data entry and word processing as part of a wide variety of requests from the Post-Secondary Education Coordinator and/or Advanced Education and Training Manager
- Order office equipment supplies, textbooks and materials of the Ts̓zil’s Learning Centre
- Put in work orders for repairs and maintenance of the Ts̓zil’s Learning Centre Building
- Manage room rental bookings and invoicing
- Manage and maintain all student files and records
- Provide coverage on front desk (answer phones, take messages, assist clients and students)
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Be willing to perform other related job duties that contribute to the success of the participants and the program, as and when needed
Experience & Expertise:
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet research abilities and strong communication skills are required
- Willingness to adhere to the Líl̓wat Nation’s policy regarding personal social media use during work hours
- Strong organizational, verbal and written skills and multi-tasking abilities
- High level of professionalism and adherence to the Líl̓wat Nation’s policy regarding confidentiality
- Strong customer service skills
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on September 18 to:
Lisa Fisher – Lisa.Fisher@lilwat.ca
Please type “RECEPTIONIST” in subject line
Ts̓zil Learning Centre, P.O. Box 232, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted