Status: Temporary Full Time
Reporting to: Sr Researcher- Andrea Blaikie
The Research Assistant will be tasked with assisting in conducting surveys, focus groups, interviews, analyzing and reporting data into Líl̓wat systems, procedures and community processes.
In this position, you will need to use a wide range of research, analytical and project management skills to, support the collection, organization and digitization of Líl̓wat history and knowledge.
- Organize and input research materials and data into the departments web-based data management system
- Assist with or conduct language and culture research surveys
- Support with other deliverables as required
Key Responsibilities and Expectations;
- Arrive to work on time, rested, and ready to address the tasks at hand
- Follow through on tasks as directed, demonstrating efficiency and professionalism
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and ability to work collaboratively with community citizens and staff
- Can complete tasks with little supervision
Key Qualifications and Attributes;
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary education in research related field is an asset;
- Previous research experience is strongly preferred
- Interest in Indigenous Research practices as well as traditional forms of governance and laws
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and supervisor;
- Has demonstrated a strong ability to work with elders and Líl̓wat community in general
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than
4:00 p.m. on November 29, 2019 to
Fiona Milton, Administrative Assistant, Líl̓wat7úl Cultural Center
or drop them off to the Líl̓wat7úl Cultural Center, 125 Lillooet Lake Road.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.