Líl̓wat Nation in seeking to add Senior Systems Administrator to its dynamic team.
Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Location: Úl̓lus Community Complex, Mount Currie, B.C.
Report to: Information Technology Officer
Wage/Salary: According to Experience
Closing Date: October 20, 2017
The Senior Systems Administrator (SSA) will provide technical support and manage IT infrastructure, including server, network, storage, service desk and a variety of applications for Líl̓wat Nation. The SSA will also maintain knowledge of existing hardware and software to maximize efficiency of the network, servers, infrastructure and utilization; prepare written documentation of processes and evaluation of systems; and adhere to Líl̓wat Nation policy, process and protocols in performing all job duties.
- Resolving workstation and server software and operating system issues
- Administration of Active Directory
- Monitoring and maintaining of data backup infrastructure
- Troubleshooting desktop and server hardware issues by providing Level 1 and Level 2 service desk support
- Ensuring all Líl̓wat Nation staff members and leadership receive appropriate instruction and training to efficiently utilize available technology
- Demonstrating excellent customer service skills and be commitment to providing the highest level of service internal and external customer satisfaction
- Maintaining IT security and user privacy
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or related area or equivalent experience: 8 years experience or a combination of 4 years experience and an Associate degree
- 3 years of server/client, network administration, or related experience
- 4 years experience high-level networking and server
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows Server 2008 and 2012+, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure and cloud solutions, VMware MS Hyper V server implementation and management, and Mobile Device Management Solutions
- Ability to multi-task and work calmly under pressure
- Ability to communicate with people of all different technological skill levels
- Knowledge of Líl̓wat culture an asset
Líl̓wat Nation offers a well-balanced compensation package and a workplace environment that recognizes the importance of togetherness and embraces Nt̓ákmen (Our Way).
Please submit a cover letter, resumé and two direct supervisory references no later than 4:30 p.m., Friday, October 20, 2017 to:
Dan.Piotrowski@lilwat.ca | Human Resources Manager
Box 602 | Mount Currie, BC | V0N2K0
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted