Location: Recreation Department, Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: Three (3) Summer Student Position (35 hours/week for 6 weeks)
Reporting to: Alphonse Wallace, Recreation Coordinator
The Recreation Department is looking to hire a student to work as a Head Summer Recreation Assistant for the months of July and August. Successful candidate will need to have sufficient knowledge with cultural activities and camping, crafts, sports and filed trip activities. The Summer Recreation Assistant will be expected to work felxiable work hours (evenings and/or weekends). They will be assisting and reporting back to the Recreation Department. Uniforms will be provided.
- Plan daily activities for the children and youth in the Líl̓wat Nation Community.
- Keep daily monitoring reports of activities, and submit weekly to the Recreation Coordinator
- Communicate with the public in the field in a courteous and respectful manner as a representative of Líl̓wat Nation
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Arrive at the Recreation Department office at 8:30 am each morning prepared to spend the day in recreation.
- Report back at the end of the day by 4:00 pm.
- Be reliable, safety conscious and able to work in the field without supervision.
- Be responsible for timesheets.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Must be enrolled in High School (grade 8-12) or full time post-secondary
- Must be First Nations/Inuit
- Must have social insurance number (SIN)
- Must be available for the 6 weeks of employment
- Ability to communicate well with the public.
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Ability to fill in daily monitoring reports
- Proficient in use of a computer or laptop is an asset.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday, June 10, 2019 to:
Alphonse Wallace, Recreation Coordinator to Recreation Department
P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
Phone: (604)894-6115 ext: 2254 Email: Alphonse.Wallace@lilwat.ca
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted