Title: Líl̓wat Nation Summer Maintenance
Location: Recreation Department, Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: (3) – Recreation Assistant/Mentor (140hrs for 4 weeks)
Reporting to: Alphonse Wallace, Recreation Coordinator
Closing Date: July 9, 2020 @ 4pm
Start Date: July 13, 2020
End Date: August 7, 2020
The Recreation Department is looking to hire Field Maintence assistant for 4-weeks July 13 to August 7, 2020. Successful candidate will be be helping with maintainting sports and recreation fields and sites, Buliding trail, and other recreation projects, support of programs to ensure effective and cohesive operation on a day-to-day-basis; the training.
- Work as a team on maintaining fields and trail Building
- Prove a quality customer service to community members, volunteers, and parents.
- Build positive relations with resource people, team members, staff, and public
- Ensure safe practices of/for visitors, volunteers & staff while on site.
- Ensure high levels of morale teamwork
- Recognize and respond effectively to emergencies
- Attend Weekly fallow up meetings
- Conduct safety checks of program equipment and facilities daily.
- Reporting anything that impacts the quality and safe delivery of the program in a timely manner.
- Work both independently and in a team environment to complete assigned tasks
- The summer maintence may be asked to perform other Recreation related duties not listed above
- Communicate with the public in the field in a courteous and respectful manner as a representative of Líl̓wat Nation
- Maintain records of first aid incidents, actions, and results
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Be reliable, safety conscious and able to work in the field without supervision.
- Be responsible in time management.
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Must be minimal of 13 years (2006) of age and enrolled in High School or full-time post-secondary
- Must be First Nations/Inuit
- Must have social insurance number (SIN)
- Must be available for the 4 weeks of employment
- Ability to communicate well with the public.
- Ability to work independently without supervision
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 9th, 2020 to:
Alphonse Wallace, Recreation Coordinator to Recreation Department
P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
Phone: (604)894-6115 ext: 2254 Email: Alphonse.Wallace@lilwat.ca
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted