Location: Líl̓wat Health & Healing, Mount Currie, B.C.
Status: Temporary, Full time (35 Hours/week for 8 weeks)
Reporting to: On site Supervisor/ and or Summer Youth Coordinator
Wage/Salary: $13.85 per hour
Líl̓wat Health and Healing are offering Youth Summer Employment for the months of July and August. There are two positions available for Administration assistant/Dental Chairside within Departments at the Líl̓wat Health Center. The two students will job shadow a variety of departmental positions including: reception, administration support, program assistance including cooking, assistng in the kitchen and all aspects of dental assisting and front desk/reception of a busy dental clinic.
Students will be involved in but not limited to:
- Shadowing the dental assistant with the opportunity to assist the dentist if comfortable
- Becoming knowledgeable in dental procedures and instrumentation and techniques involved in said procedures
- Learning how to run the front desk of a dental office including booking patients, answering the phone, retrieving messages, confirming patient appointments, organizing patient charts, calling insurance companies etc.
- Be available and willing to assist each Department with any tasks, filing, data entry.
- Interact/Engage with community members
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Preference to be given to Líl̓wat Nation community member.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and work well as a team member
- 15+ years of age, who is returning to school in fall 2019
- Must have social insurance number (SIN).
- Must be reliable and punctual each day
- Must be hard working and a self-starter with a positive attitude
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on JUNE 20, 2019 to:
Tśzil Learning Center Front Desk Attn:
Maury Bikadi or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trades and Training Manager, 125 Lillooet Lake Rd, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
**Dependent on Funding Approval**
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted