Location: Úll̓us Community Complex
Status: Full-Time Temporary 35 hours per week
Reporting to: Manager of Child Care Services & Head Supervisor
Closing Date: February 19, 2021
The Úll̓us Child Care Center Supervisor ensures the well-being of all children and provides support with the educational program delivery. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of curriculum, in assistance with the Manager of Child Care Services & Program Head Supervisor; in accordance with the goals and philosophies of Úll̓us Child Care Centre. The candidate must have:
- Early Childhood Education Certificate (ECE) as recognized by the Provincial Child Care Licensing Board, and Community Care Facility Act and or Early Childhood Educator Assistant Certification, as recognized by Licensing Board.
- Abide by the ECEBC Code of Ethics, be Professional, Enthusiastic & a Team Player
- A Valid Child Care Acceptable First Aid Certificate
- High Scope training and experience/ willing to be trained
- Demonstrate organizational time management skills.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills
- Team approach to center management
- Must pass a Criminal Records Review
- Provide the Manager of Child Care Services with support to make informed decisions
- Provide program support to Head Supervisor and team
- Ensure ALL operational policies are established and followed in accordance with the Provincial Child Care Licensing Board, and Community Care Facility Act.
- Plan, Carry out, and assess developmentally appropriate, activities and experiences in harmony with the center’s philosophy:
- Ensure guidance of children’s behavior that encourages positive self-concept:
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the center’s children, their parents, and staff.
- Keep up to date with early childhood education and advocacy developments.
- Understanding of Lil’wat culture & language
Please submit a cover letter your resume 4:30 p.m. on February 19, 2021 to
Beverly.Dan@lilwat.ca – Beverly Dan Manager of Child Care Services
Or received by mail by February 19, 2021 at P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0
We thank for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted