Amount: Multiple Positions
Location: Líl̓wat Health and Healing
Status: Temporary (full-time term position for the months of July, August and September)
Reporting to: Health Director
Wage/Salary: $20.00/ hour
Closing Date: June 26, 2020
Start Date: July 7th, 2020
Líl̓wat Nation is seeking energetic, outgoing Líl̓wat Community Surveyors to conduct door-to-door health and wellness surveys.
Under the direction of the Líl̓wat Health and Healing Health Director, the Líl̓wat Community Surveyors will collect demographic and health related data by canvassing and conducting surveys with different households.
The Community Surveyors will work as part of the Evaluation team and will follow established protocols for preparing, distributing, completing, collecting questionnaires and inputting survey data into an electronic database. The Community Surveyors will provide in-community support for virtual connectivity with community members who are participating with interviews and virtual focus groups. The Community Surveyors may also support the coordination of in-person interviews and focus groups.
- Attend training sessions and Evaluation team meetings.
- Follows the established protocols for the preparation, distribution (door to door), completion and collection of the community questionnaires.
- Assists community members to complete surveys in-person (social distancing) and over the phone as requested.
- Maintains daily records of survey progress and inputs survey data into an electronic database.
- Supports the facilitation of focus groups as needed (online and in-person).
- Assists community members to connect to Zoom and/ or other resources in order to participate with remote interviews and/ or focus groups.
- Follows safety protocols while working in community.
- Maintains professionalism as a representative of Líl̓wat Nation.
- Maintains confidentiality of any personal information acquired while in the position and after.
- Communicates with the lead Evaluator regularly and raises issues/ concerns if they arise.
Key Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings.
- Reliable transportation and Driver’s License may be required.
- Must have access to a working phone (in case of an emergency or questions).
- Minimum High School or GED certificate.
- Ability to drive and walk to locations in Líl̓wat on a regular basis.
- Able to work independently and as a team-player.
- Must be able to talk with families in a respectful and professional way.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, including typing.
- Demonstrated ability to listen carefully (to gather information for the questionnaire).
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to gather information.
- Knowledge of Líl̓wat culture and tradition and ability to speak Ucwalmícwts is an asset.
- Attention to details.
- May be required to meet with community members in their homes to complete and collect surveys.
- A clear criminal record check (with a vulnerable sector search) is required for this position.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on June 26th, 2020 to:
Melanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie, B.C. V0N 2K0