The youth centre coordinator will develop and plan programs to support youth to make choices about their present and future options regarding education, health and leisure, careers and social situations.
Title: NEW YOUTH CENTRE COORDINATOR
Location: NEW YOUTH BUILDING
Status: Regular Full Time /Salary based on Knowledge, Experience, Proven Abilities
Reporting to: to be determined
Youth centre and its programming are designed to address and facilitate the personal social, emotional development of young people between the ages of 14-29. The youth centre coordinator will develop and plan programs to support youth to make choices about their present and future options regarding education, health and leisure, careers and social situations. The coordinator will provide basic counselling, coaching, and referral to professional services / agencies. The position is a partner with the youth recreation coordinator and together schedule and arrange activities, events, and funding proposals for joint administration.
- Establish new youth services based on demonstrated need.
- Direct supervision and engagement of youth in and around the center.
- Establish collaborative working relationships and partnerships with local schools, RCMP, non-profit organizations and other community youth service providers (PLAN – Y).
- Be part of community-based projects, leading the young people in active participation.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers and employees.
- Develop budgets and manage resources effectively.
- Complete records, statics, and issue quarterly reports and recommendations.
- Liaison with teachers, social workers, health professionals, parents as needed
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Completion of post secondary education in the social services field.
- Trained and experience in the area of youth services, counselling or recreation.
- Minimum of 1 year working directly with youth.
- Conflict resolution, non violent communication, de-escalation training is an asset.
- A balanced exposure of interpersonal, administrative and advocacy work.
- Skilled in developing trust and keep boundaries at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to fostering and maintaining community and regional networks.
- A criminal records check is mandatory prior to start.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than 4:30 p.m. Tuesday October 2, 2018 to:
Please, include in subject line of email “Youth Centre Coordinator”
P.O. Box 602, Mount Currie VON 2K0